Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Paleo Two Week Checkpoint

I have been on my butt for the last 8 days now after having foot surgery, so basically I have been doing no physical activity.

However, I have stuck with Paleo the entire time.  Presently I am out of food, so getting through the next several days is going to be tough.

Progress!

There is no way that I can weight myself with the cast right now, but I did manage to measure my waist (I measure the "thickest" section of my belly).

Before Paleo: Waist - 39 inches
2 Weeks In: Waist - 37 inches!

I cannot believe that I lost 2 fully inches off my waist, just sticking to the diet while doing no exercise!  I am confident that I will be able to fit into most of my pants again (I am currently wearing nothing but sweat pants while I recover from surgery)

One very important thing to remember is that I cannot expect progress to continue so rapidly.  If it did, I would be back to a 32 inch waist real quick ;P

Staying Motivated!

It is really tough to stay motivated to keep going with Paleo, in particular now that I cannot walk.  One of the criterion for success is to take ownership for what I put in my mouth.  That means planning the meals, buying the groceries, and doing the cooking.  I really enjoyed doing that in my first week, but I cannot do any of that with my messed up foot.

One way I have found to remain motivated is to read books, and continue to look for recipes.

I finished reading "It Starts with Food", and it was a great book.   Reminiscent of "The Paleo Solution" by Robb Wolff, a little less "sciency".

I ordered 3 recipe books so I can hopefully restock on food:

I also ordered "Wheat Belly", which should contain more details on why these foods are bad for you.

So, there it is.  A great start to Paleo for me, certainly results wise.  I need to just push through the next week or so until I can actually move around.  Scrounging together snacks and having salads every day is no way to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment